I am exhausted and crabby and sad. I hate feeling this way and I'm ready for something wonderful to happen to make these feelings go away. We have a very busy week planned, or busier than usual, so I welcome the distractions.
After Sister's last trip to the hospital, it has been one thing after another. Sister's medications were making her so tired and lethargic that her neurologist decided to increase her Keppra and decrease her Trileptal. That worked for about a week and then she had 4 seizures. We are upping her Keppra again, but keeping Trileptal the same. I know that finding the right combination of meds to control Sister's seizures could take years, but I don't think that my heart understands this. Her good days have been so much fun lately, but in return her bad days are exhausting. It breaks my heart to see her cry and not be able to figure out what is upsetting her. We have a follow up with her neurologist this week so I am hoping we'll be able to get some questions answered.
I've been having a hard time seeing the glass 1/2 full. I hope this quote will keep me focused on what is important...“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
2 comments:
you are an inspiration! Pancake night?
Thanks Lesley! I think a Pancake Night would probably make us all happy!
Post a Comment