Tuesday, June 14, 2011

God's gift to me

A friend posted this quote on Facebook the other day and I wanted to share it with all of you.

"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't TAKE a special family, it MAKES a family special."

I was lost and God found me...crying in a hospital room wondering if my child would ever come home. Sitting in a doctors office waiting to talk to yet another specialist. Listening to a sermon that spoke straight to my heart. Riding in the back of an ambulance wondering if this is how life would always be. Watching my baby take her first steps in a suspension gait trainer. Saying good-bye to my big girl as her father and I dropped her off for her first day of school at a preschool for special children.

God did not give me a child with special needs because He thought that I was strong enough to handle a life full of challenges, He gave me a child with special needs to show me what true strength is. Along with His lesson, I have learned patience and unconditional love. So, thank you God for all that You have given me and all that I have yet to receive.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lochel said...

What a powerful message. And so true.

Post a Comment