Sunday, December 12, 2010

Keeping Busy

I love "To Do" lists, mostly because crossing tasks off my list is proof that I've accomplished something (even if it is just emptying the dishwasher) that day. The other reason I make lists is because I get so distracted during the day that sometimes the list keeps me focused. My mind has been all over the place lately, or maybe it always has been? I even had a dream last week that Hubby was trying to get me committed and I had to call all of my friends and say good bye...not exactly the future I've been hoping to see!

Almost every minute of my week is scheduled...from PT, OT and Speech appointments with Sister, preschool activities and play dates with Brother, doctors visits and follow up phone calls to make, administering Sister's meds 5 times a day, to working part time nights and weekends. My Blackberry is constantly alerting me to do something. I can't remember the last time I entered an appointment (or reminder) in my calendar that did not conflict with another one. Some days I count down the hours until Hubby comes home (or I leave for work) but most days quickly pass and roll into the next busy day.

Keeping busy, I have learned, also keeps me grounded. My mind always wanders to places that it has no business being. Places that include a future I can't see and obstacles I don't even want to begin tackling. Some of my loved ones (you know who you are) would love for me to slow down, rest, go to bed early...I wish it was that easy. Right now, having a million things to distract me is much easier than having a million and one things to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment